Make It A Christmas to Remember!
One unique thing about Christmas season is the fact that it is a season of extraordinary love sharing and giving. At Christmas, it is not only Christians who share love, it put everyone in the mood to give, visit and celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.
For me, Christmas is beyond just a yuletide moment. It is that time we have excitedly longed to see and relate to. The beautiful part of Christmas season is that it carries everyone along. Both old or young, black or white and regardless of your religious conviction, when it is Christmas, you would have no choice than to join the festive vibe. All over the world, no one can deny the fact that Christmas brings about merriment; transforming that boring atmosphere of dullness into a festive one.
The reason for this is quite clear though. One reason is, christmas only happens during the holiday period, which is what an average working class would not miss for anything in the world. If you know what I mean, we all deserve to take a rest and enjoy our hard earned money.
Making Christmas a memorable one requires a self conscious actions. Here are outlined ways to make your Christmas an exciting one:
- Re-Organise your Finances Before the Holiday: Comprehensive financial analysis for your spendings before and during the Holiday is necessary. Since Christmas is already part of your holiday which requires hosting, partying and traveling to places holidaying. It would be wise to be organised for proper record keeping so as to avoid extravagant spending that may lead to regret after Christmas.
- Make Clear List of Christmas Needs: Concrete plan is needed for any successful event. Creating a list of those needed items a month before Christmas would not only help reduce pressure, it saves you from being under unnecessary pressure of purchasing christmas gifts, food, drink, souvenirs etc.
- Include your Families and Friends in your plans: Christmas is not to be celebrated alone. It is a season of sharing and giving, therefore making adequately preparation before inviting your families and friends over for dinner party in your home or organising a kind of family re-union will be an exicting steps for a memorable christmas.
- Plan your Travels: Quite of number of people enjoy travelling to visit loved ones back home during the Christmas. Embarking on travelling without proper plans could cause you to overshoot in your spendings. You may choose not to travel and still have fun during Christmas. Whatever rocks your boat!
- Plan for the Needy: While you savour that turkey and chicken, always bear in mind that thousands are out there, stranded, homeless and without food and clothing. Set aside some materials for the needy, who are not as privileged as you are. It could be by just paying a brief visit to an Hospital, Prison yard or an orphanage. It is much more than noble to do that!
- Make the Boxing Day Count: December 26, a day after the Christmas, is a special day of sharing that wrapped gifts for your special person, neighbours, pastor, teacher and even extended member of your families. Funnily enough, people hardly takes boxing Day serious in this part of the world. Over the years, people have erroneously thought Boxing day is for those in ‘Boxing’ bussiness. You know considering the way it sounds ‘Boxing’. However, Boxing here refers to box and package of gifts you intend to share for your neighbours, a day after Christmas!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the Readers of Dotun Roy’s Blog (DRB), You make my day anytime!!!