[APPLY NOW] We Need You Since Yesterday as Our Project Assistant
Connected Development [CODE] is a non government organization whose mission is to improve access to information and empower local communities in Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building capacities of marginalized communities. We believe that this will bring about social, environmental and economic progress within communities, while promoting transparency and accountability.
The Follow The Money Team of Connected Development [CODE] under the leadership of The Chief Executive seeks to add a Project Assistant to her Abuja Office. The Project Assistant would work in tandem with the Senior Management Team in coordinating project and administrative support on tracking funds meant for local communities, while ensuring citizens participation, good governance, transparency & accountability.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for the overall coordination, management and delivery of Follow The Money activities in nominated city and deliver against the set objectives in accordance with agreed timeline:
NOTE: This job role includes travelling to any part of the country
Work Hours: (8am – 5pm) from Monday – Friday except during public holidays and sometimes might need to be present at our events during the weekend.
Duration: 6 months
Starting Salary: N100,000 including tax
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
· Update and maintain project and/or prospecting information in spreadsheets and CODE’s databases.
· Understand CODE standards and utilize templates to produce standard project correspondence.
· Work effectively with government institutions, NGOs, business and community leaders to drive effective stakeholders and community engagement.
· Ensure that all activities, learnings, and outputs are recorded and reported, and relationships are maximised to deliver Follow The Money long term objectives.
· Draft, prepare and follow – up original e-mails and correspondence.
· Maintain files (on internet sites and paper).
· Advance in skills toward Project Administrator.
· Work under the direction of the core Follow The Money team of CODE.
· Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
· Knowledge of Google Drive and MS Project, a plus.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Strong, documented skills in the areas of organization, problem-solving and personal interactions.
· Ability to learn new software applications quickly, as needed.
· Self-motivated with sound decision-making skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Driving to remote offices when needed (working outside the office space)
· Advanced MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Proficient in English language, and Hausa Language will be an added advantage
· Strong written communication, proof reading and basic research skills needed
· Years of Experience (1 -2), and working with an NGO will be an added advantage
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience with multiple software applications
If you meet up with the above requirement, kindly send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday, December 24, 2014 with the email subject written as “Application for Project Assistant”.
The Project Assistant would be under close supervision of CODE’s Monitoring & Evaluation Expert.
1 a. Interested applicants must send the following to the email address at email@example.com on or before 5:00pm (GMT+1) Wednesday, December 24, 2014.
b. Address the application letter to The chief Executive, CODE.
c. A Curriculum Vitae/Resume (Ms Word or PDF).
d. At least, names of 2 referees must be included in the CV.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.