UNDERSTANDING SPIRITUAL MATURITY: 7 THINGS TO WORK ON IN ORDER TO ATTAIN SPIRITUAL MATURITY
BY KING’S COURT ROYAL ASSEMBLY
1. Your Thoughts -Let your thoughts be pure. When our thinking process and thought pattern are in line with God, It shows that we are aligning with God. Ability to control our thoughts is an indication that we are on the right track to spiritual maturity. fill your thoughts with positive and Godly imaginations at all times. Philipian 4:8, Roman 12: 2.
2. Your Words – Our spiritual maturity is revealed through our words. A spiritually matured person will never use negative words against another person. Confess positive words. We must avoid speaking vain words. James 1:26, 3:2-10, Matt 12:34-37
3. Your Actions – Our spiritual maturity is measured by our actions. A spiritually matured person will demonstrate an exceptional actions towards his spiritual advancement. To grow spiritually, you must not lack in actions. You must prove your love to others through your actions. You must not only be lazy but you must also be rich in good works. James 2:26, Heb 11:7, Mattew 5:13-16.
4. Your Attitude – Our spiritual maturity is revealed through our attitude. Impartiality towards the poor and less privileged doesn’t speak well of your spiritual maturity, in other words, learn to treat people equally. Looking down on others who are not up to your status is not a good attitude for anyone who wants to grow spiritually. We must be humble when we ask things from God. Our attitude must always reflect the level of spiritual maturity we have attained. Matt 25:14-30,
James 2:1-5, Gen 25:29-35,
5. Your Reactions – Our reactions towards the painful experience we go through shows how matured we are spiritually. Demonstrate your spiritual maturity through your positive reactions in the face of adversity. Learn to express your gratitude to God even when you are in the storm of life. Our response at all times should reveal the depthness of our spirituality Act 7:54-60, Luke 6: 27-36, Roman 8:35-38
6. Your Desires – Longings of our hearts and our prayers should be according to the will of God. We should seek the things that bring glory to God. When your desires are not channeled into Godliness then your spiritual maturity is in question. You must not desire things from God so as to impress and oppress others with it or even show off your talents or gifts to spite others. Set your desire on things above. Colosians 3:1-2, James 4:1-3, 3 John 5:14, Eph 1:15-23, psalm 106:16.
7. Your Relationships – Our associations has strong influence on our decisions and what we become. You should not form ungodly relationship with people. To attain a spiritual maturity you need to be conscious of the kind of relationships you keep. Avoid ungodly relationship that would negatively affect your relationship with God. Associate with wise Christians and Godly people. Your relationship should be able to influence you in the path of righteousness. 1 John 3: 7, Psalm 1:1, Prov. 13:20, 15:22, 22:24-25.